2016/08/23

On the Street. Skinny Jeans Rules, Helsinki.

Street Style Helsinki.  Skinny Jeans Rules.


In Internet I have seen several headlines about how to style skinny jeans. I saw this young lady in the ferry between Helsinki and Tallinn. I suggest that a good pair to skinny jeans is to give some volume to upper body. Like here the jeans jacket with ripped sleeves combined with stonewashed skinny jeans.

Nowadays the high waist seems to have a comeback. I don’t blame on that. But the skinny jeans despite…feels like torture, I prefer loose ones. But for spaghetti legs it is a radiant option.

By the way, I was on my way to Tallinn Art Museum Kumu to see a wonderful exhibition about the fashions of Victorian Female Image and Fashion, costumes from approximately 1845–1900. Open until 30.10.2016. The dress code for ladies in that time didn’t give much liberty to move. The tight corset and wide crinolines made sure that women stayed in their position. The dominant emotion of the 19th century was melancholy. No wonder, having to wear these forms of torture in clothing.

The dresses are from Aleksandre Vassiliev Foundation. To my surprise Aleksandre in his person is in Instagram as well. He feels like a lovely person.

No comments: